Companies, large and small, are trying to move their business online and make money from services.
Java/J2EE is a proven technology to build your business and has become a standard for developing multi-tier enterprise applications. The J2EE platform simplifies enterprise applications by basing them on standardized, modular components, by providing a complete set of services to those components, and by handling many details of application behavior automatically, without complex programming. Many of these components, open source or otherwise, are available for all levels of commercial application building: shopping carts, search engines, product catalogues, etc.
However, while Java is a known and production-ready technology, effective SOA architecture takes experience and understanding. Augmentum is a leading provider of Java and J2EE-based development and testing. Our distributed teams in China and the US have been delivering production ready SOA implementations since 2004; a majority of the implementations are for hosted web service applications. Along the way, we have developed and tested over 2 million lines of Java/J2EE/SOA code.
Augmentum has extensive experience and deep knowledge and expertise in the following Java/J2EE technologies:
- Client: Eclipse, Swing, AWT
- Application servers: JBoss, WebLogic, Websphere, Tomcat
- Web: Struts, PHP
- Search: Lucene
- Directory Service: UDDI, OpenLDAP
- Application domains: Messaging systems, CRM, Trading systems, eCommerce, HR
- Recruiting, Document search, Content Management, Event Management
Development and Migration Services
- Ground-up development: SOA application development using the J2EE software stack on Open Source platforms such as Linux, J2EE application servers, Apache technologies, SugarCRM, etc.
- Migration services: Migration from classic client/server 2 tier architecture to multi-tier web service based architecture.